Physical exercise is any type of movement that we perform to improve our health , modulate our bodies and improve our performance .
The practice of physical activity and healthy sports are essential to our health and well -being . Constitute one of the pillars into a healthy lifestyle , along with healthy eating , life without tobacco and avoid other substances hazardous to health .
The regular practice of physical activity benefit physically, socially and mentally , the whole population , men and women of all ages .
What are the benefits of physical activity ?
Physical activity has health benefits , reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases, some cancers and type 2 diabetes. In general achieved through the improvement of glucose metabolism , reduced fat and low blood pressure .
Participation in physical activity can improve the musculoskeletal system , control body weight and reduce the symptoms of depression .
Benefits of regular physical activity :
- Reduces the risk of premature death ;
- Reduces the risk of death from heart disease or stroke , which account for one third of all causes of death ;
- Reduces the risk for developing heart disease , colon cancer and type 2 diabetes ;
- Helps prevent / reduce hypertension , which affects one fifth of the world’s adult population ;
- Helps control weight and lower the risk of becoming obese ;
- Helps prevent / reduce osteoporosis , reducing the risk of fracture of the femoral neck in women ;
- Helps maintain bones , muscles and healthy joints ;
- Promotes psychological well-being , reduces stress , anxiety and depression ;
- Helps prevent and control risk behaviors ( smoking, alcohol , unhealthy diet ) , especially in children and adolescents .
How much exercise is needed to improve and maintain health ?
The health benefits are usually obtained at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise accumulated every day. This level of activity can be achieved through daily physical activity enjoyable and body movements on a day- to-day , such as walking to work, climbing stairs , gardening , dancing and many other recreational sports .
physical exercise -health- fitness- cardio -core Additional benefits can be obtained through daily physical activity of moderate long-term
- Children and adolescents require an additional 20 minutes of vigorous physical activity three times per week ;
- The weight control requires at least 60 minutes a day of vigorous physical activity / moderate
Motivation to exercise
It is important to know the main guidelines and principles of exercise , specified in the following pages , but we are of the opinion that the main step to explore is related to motivation. Without it , all indications of the world will have no effect .
It is important to note that motivation is not something that happens by itself . It’s something we do happen each and every day. If you have multiple reasons for some exercise , you will always have something to do go ahead , even when your motivation is low . The hardest part is getting … has been reached so far , has already won half the battle . A few tips :
- Remind yourself of your goals of weight loss ;
- Think about a future event for which you would like to achieve this (wedding, vacation, etc. . ) ;
- Consider how much energy you will have for their other activities ;
- Imagine how relaxed is after your workout ;
- Think of the exercise as one of the only periods of time you have to yourself throughout the day ;
- Think of the benefits to your health .
The volume and type of exercise you will do will depend on your fitness level , goals and time constraints , but a complete program should include resistance training ( cardio ) , strength and flexibility exercises .
Guidelines for Cardio Workout
Identified as cardio exercises any activity performed continuously cyclical and may include activities such as walking, running, bicibleta rides , swimming or dancing . Aerobic exercise strengthens the heart and lungs , increases endurance and burns calories, which will help you lose weight .
Should follow an exercise program adjusted to your fitness level , can follow the following guidelines :
- 20-60 minutes of continuous exercise ;
- 3-5 training days per week ;
- Working between 77 % and 90 % of your maximum heart rate ;
- Vary the type, duration and intensity of their programs .
Do not have to carry all their activity once. You can achieve the benefits of aerobic training even dividing into installments during the day .
Fat Burning Zone
Guidelines for strength training
Strength training or additional loads is otherwise more exercise that has effects on our body than those identified with resistance training ( cardio ) . With this type of training , raise weights ( machines , dumbbells , elastic ) to strengthen the muscles , bones and tissues.
Strength training is so important to weight loss as for aerobic training . Normally , as we increase strength levels , also increase lean muscle mass , which will increase metabolism and reduce body fat percentage .
General guidelines for strength training are:
- Choose 8-10 exercises , aiming the large muscle groups ( legs , chest, shoulders, back , biceps , triceps and abs ) . You can build a circuit training ;
- For beginners , complete one set of 8-16 repetitions of each exercise . More advanced practitioners can do 2-3 sets ;
- Train each muscle group 2-3 times per week on nonconsecutive days ;
- Perform each exercise always in its full breadth , i.e. the greatest distance that can reach the position between flexion and extension of a joint.
Update your program continually to reflect the changes that your body has achieved , so as not to reach a plateau at some point of their journey to their goals of strength training .